Pest Management University, is pleased to announce the following four classes for termites and WDOs:
- Foundations of Termite Management
- Master of Termite Management
- Expert in Termite Management
- WDO Inspections and Form 13645
CEUs and technicians hours offered are variable based on course. Classes will be taught by UF/IFAS, FDACS, and pest management industry experts who understand that increased professionalism and skill lead to increased profits and reduced customer conflict.
Courses are located at UF/IFAS Mid-Florida Research and Education Center, 2725 S. Binion Rd. Apopka, FL 32703. Directions here.
Each class will begin at 8:00 AM. Please see the FAQ page for more information including dress code and smoking policy.
Foundations of Termite Management
April 10-12, 2019. Register here.
September 4-6, 2019
- This course is designed to teach the basics of termite biology, behavior, and control with an emphasis on subterranean termites.
- Learn how termites exploit >50 building construction elements and treatment techniques in the context of label directions
- Do math! Learn how to do soil termiticide calculations of different slab types
- Learn the requirements of Florida Statute 482 and 5E-14 with particular reference to vehicle inspections.
- We also cover pesticide safety and do a practice spill clean-up.Program Comments: This course includes a lecture and hands-on portion. It is 2.5 days long and is team taught by FDACS, industry experts, and UF/IFAS.
Master of Termite Management
February 27-March 1, 2019. Register here.
October 2-4, 2019
Must have completed Foundations in order to attend this class.
- Review termite identification, biology and control and learn about wood-destroying beetles and wood-decaying fungi.
- Learn how
- To do a proper borate application, including calculating the amount needed
- Baits work
- To use foam and application techniques to optimize the distribution of liquid termiticides in soil with the Bayer University toys
- Learn about the duties of a certified operator, contract requirements, surviving an FDACS inspection
- Do an inspection for WDOs at PMU’s house designed to challenge even experienced inspectors.
Program Comments: This course includes a lecture and hands-on portion. It is 2.5 days long and is team taught by FDACS, industry experts, and UF/IFAS.
WDO Inspections and Form 13645
March 14-15, 2019. Register here.
August 22-23, 2019
Improperly completed 13645 forms are a leading cause of litigation for pest control. Foundations recommended, but not required.
- Do an inspection at PMUs house for WDOs with Paul Mitola from DACS.
- Learn the proper determination of “live, damage and evidence” and how to fill out FDACS 13645.
- Learn about the legal ramifications of an incomplete WDOI.
- Review WDO biology and behavior.